Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Mr. Boo and I have been putting on a few miles the last few weeks.
And all we can say is... it's good to be back on the road!!!

Davenport to Delano to Stillwater to Eau Claire.  woo!

I had such a great time at my shows.  Especially all my fabulous fans who came out and all my wonderful friends who came up and jammed with me.  In fact, I had so much fun playing over the weekend my thumb hasn't stopped twitching.  It's like my hand still wants to play guitar - whether I'm holding one or not...smart thumb.

The Jorgenson girls lent their wonderful voices, the Dayna Lady was incomparable as ever,  the Brust's (Next Generation) came up and rocked it, and Raymond Yates even came up and played a few with me.  Then there was my brother, who was in town from California, Saturday night, played a couple songs with me at Charlie's and I even got Emma Bull up for a couple of tunes, too.  Then the 3 of us played an old Cats Laughing tune, 'The Good Stuff', which, in a word... ROCKED!

Just when I thought the weekend couldn't get better - it did.

Did I mention my brother was in town?  And so was his wife and their new baby boy, Mac!
What a treat to see them all!!  My nephew was born on my birthday - which I gotta say, is just about the best birthday gift, ever!  And I couldn't believe I was seeing him so soon.  I have a great brother and I love his wife - it was so cool to spend time with them and catch up, reminisce, tease.  Then Sunday morning Joe came upstairs to feed the baby (and give his wife some more sleep time) and I noticed that Joe could probably use a little break himself so I unselfishly (ahem) offered to hold and feed the baby while he got some more sleep. It was 2 of the most incredible hours I've ever spent not on a stage.

All in all it was a great way to spend and end a remarkable weekend.





No comments: