Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Monday, December 15, 2014

Out with the auld in with the New!


This year has seemingly rocketed and it’s all I can do to make the most out of the precious moments that are left. 

First, I’d like to take this time to Thank each and every one of you for everything you do – and not just for me but for all independent artists.  Without you we’re just a bunch of dorks sitting in our bedrooms playing to our cats. Your friendship, fan-ship, love and support are what keeps us writing, singing, dancing, painting, playing and performing.  It’s a simple phrase for a tremendous and huge thing you do but it’s all we got so... Thank You.

2014 was an amazing year for me - I had a new album to show off, got to play a few shows on the West coast and recounted 100 Happy days (though, truth be told I’m a very lucky girl and have had more happy days then that).  The best day of all was the day I married my partner of 10 years.  (This event was made even more special by the fact that our union is legally recognized.)

I’ve also been upping my carpentry skills as we renovate and update this and that in our house, I’ve grieved the loss of our cat, Gus, and had to give into the fact that I would in fact have to give up my Windows XP operating system.

(Mr. Boo would like to report that he mourns the loss of his ocean companion.  However, he is happy to note that the new ocean is fitting in quite well and seems to be a bit more stable than the last.)

As I look forward to 2015 I am excited about all I have in store for myself: more DIY projects around the house, recording new songs and as always - the chance to play music with and for all of you!

May your days indeed be merry and bright this holiday season and wishes for good fortune in the new year.

~Lojo

No comments: