Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Colorado - The First Days

Hello My Fine Folk,

Well, I finally figured out how to get the pictures out of my new camera (dang, that film is really tiny inside those SDcards...)
and now I can share with you all my recent Colorado tour.

This tour was a little different - I took my girlfriend along for the ride. Good News: I got to see Colorado during the day (usually spent looking for the next Nat'l Forest campsite) and in good company. Bad News: She had to sit thru the same show night after night. What a TROOPER!

It started out with a trip to the Colorado Renaissance Festival and, of course, The Ded Bob Show. Man that Bob is one funny guy...



Sunday Night I played at the Spur Of the Moment for all the "festies" and we had a wicked good time. (I'd publish the pictures but this blog site has certain restrictions ;)

Next it was a couple of days hanging out with friends...on their deck...or at the pool...with marguaritas. Someone asked me if the marguaritas were good - I replied, "they were being enjoyed by a pool, overlooking downtown Denver, in Colorado - who cares?!"

My next show was in Ft. Collins - always a favorite stop on my tour. It started out with a radio interview at KRFC - always fun to hang out with the community radio crowd. Then off to Lucky Joe's Sidewalk Saloon. The crew is great and the walls are draped with Irish posters and banners including an autograpphed movie poster from Boondock Saints (which, if you haven't seen that movie it puts Snatch to shame).

This was also the first time I ever got to see Ft. Collins during the day.
I gotta say Olde Town Ft. Collins is a very cool town.

It's now Thursday and I'm playing Avogadro's. This is one of the premier music venues in Ft. Collins and I was excited to play there! I shared the stage with a couple of players from TCB, Tiffany & Hillary - I highly suggest seeking this band out http://tiffanychristopher.com.

Some shots from Avo's - yeah we had a good time...


to be continued...

No comments: