Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Friday, December 01, 2006

Ok the triptophan haze has finally wore off, the relatives are safely tucked back into their far-away homes and I'm ready to tell you about my trip to O--H? I--OO!!!
Oh did we have some fun in Ohio...

First stop Yellow Springs, OH
Gotta tell you that YS has got to be one of the coolest little towns there is. About 4 square blocks of; cafe, book store, imports, cafe, bookstore, artisan shop, cafe... you get the idea. And the focus of the night?
Peach's Bar & Grill!

Katie Reider was the headliner (yeah, she's cool like that) so I had plenty of time to ang out with the friendly folks of Ohio after my set.

The next night found me 200 miles away and in Cleveland.I had some time to kill so off to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Janis Joplin's porsche, Jimi Hendrix's Boy Scout uniform, Jonathan Edward's guitar, (you know, the guy who sang, "sunshine go away today, I don't feel much like laughing...") and of course, the piece that I actually drooled on... Jerry Garcia's guitars. Along with some wonderful footage, memorabilia and musical sensory overload it was well worth the $20 entrance fee. Though, I never did see Buddy Holly's glasses..?

That night was spent playing at my favorite house concert: Tirabassi Kin.
Lisa and Mina do a great job of getting out the word, bringing in the folks and hosting a very fine concert series. It's always a pleasure to play for these ladies and they know how to make a wandering minstrel feel right at home - thanks ladies!

No comments: