Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Went to Florida for the Holidays and played a new bar called FLY.
... and, man, it was.

This place was gorgeous, cool, hip, well... fly?!
(And, you'd be surprised how many people aren't into eating leftover turkey on Friday.) The staff rocked and I had to by a t-shirt - - they glow in the dark! :)

I also caught up with some friends that I hadn't seen a a long while - it was good to see Liza and Misti again. I know Liza from way back at the MN Renaissance Festival. She's a fine performer in her own right and now she's happily married to one of Sarasota's best rock guitarists. Misti performs as a vocalist, floutist and whatever else trips her trigger in a very cool world band called Blue Muse Trio.

I also got to visit my good friend Mark Doran, another folk artist/artist friend from my MRF days. He's working on his 4th CD. When he's not creating beautiful folk music he's creating beautiful dreamcatchers, scented oils and my latest favorite, The Emergency Pagan Kit" complete with broom, crystal and hammer to break the glass :) His studio is called Wood, Willow and Whatnot.

With a little help from my friends I'll be back to Florida to play some northern music to some southern folks.

No comments: