Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Monday, September 24, 2012

So... I've been writing.



It’s often said that great emotion is the catalyst for a writer.

I’ve never really believed that until recently.

In the past, my inspirations have usually come from outside of me; landscapes, conversations, television, sometimes just sitting around ‘noodling’ on the guitar and once from a Facebook status update.

However, the recent loss of a good friend has inspired me from the inside.  As much hurt and sorrow as I’ve experienced in the last few weeks I’ve also experienced great joy in remembering all the wonderful experiences we’ve shared.

So, I’ve been writing.

I’ve been writing about memories, about friendship, about loss, about life. I’ve been rewriting music which has been in the works for several years.  And I’ve been abandoning music with messages that no longer seem relevant or important.

The new album will be titled, “No Scars, No Stories”.  

Over the last year I’ve learned just how true this statement is.  And, though many scars happen because of some hurtful or tragic event I’m learning to understand and believe in the positive side of a negative experience.  A perfect example of this is the time I broke the headstock of my guitar – the luthier told me the wood is stronger where it’s been repaired then the surrounding undamaged wood.

It’s not always easy to accept but, the truth of it cannot be denied – we all experience mistakes, hardships and hurts but, it’s how we respond, learn and move forward from those experiences that make us stronger.

1 comment:

Kat Groenbeck said...

really looking forward to hearing what's new...!