Lojo's Proze & Mr Boo's Newz

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello My Fine Folk,

As you may know, I recently entered a contest to win a performance spot at the upcoming Minneapolis Lilith Fair. This contest was called the Lilith Local Talent Search and involved fan voting via Ourstage and Facebook.

With your help, I ended up in the #1 spot after the many rounds of fan voting were complete! Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that the Lilith Fair and Ourstage judges chose someone else to perform.

I knew this was a possibility (as it stated in the rules; the #1 winner was not necessarily the winner of the performance spot) but I had sincerely hoped that my music and all of your hard work in getting me to the top would have had more of an impact on the final decision.

Your continued support means everything in the world to me and I can't thank you enough for helping me be a part of this endeavor. Today, I feel a bit disappointed and upset that so many of you spent such time and effort on this but I guess, most important, is that you made me #1 – and you continue to believe in me and my art and push me to continue to follow my dream. The beat goes on, baby and so do I!

peace.
~Lojo

#==OQ

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, whoever they picked had better be REALLY freakin' good. Platitudes and "better luck next time"s aren't going to make you feel any better, but it took a hell of a lot of talent to get as far as you did, and now you KNOW you've got what it takes.

Onward and upward!